15080 Watt (15kW) DIY Solar Install Kit with SolarEdge Inverter
- Brands GIGAWATT
- Product Code: 15080-WATT-SOLAR-EFFICIENCY-SYSTEM
- Availability: 102
- $27,898.00 $16,738.80
- 5 or more $15,064.92
- 10 or more $14,227.98
- 20 or more $13,391.04
- 40 or more $11,717.16
15kW DIY Solar Energy System with SolarEdge Inverter
For most homes or small businesses this 15kW PV optimizer kit is more than enough to completely eliminate their bill.
These 15kW size grid-connect solar kits include solar panels, inverter+optimizers, and the racking system for roof mount. These are complete PV power systems that can work for a home or business, with everything you need to get the system up and running. The kits include hardware components only; does NOT include labor.
A 15kW Solar Kit will require over 1,200 square feet of space. 15kW or 15 kilowatts is 15,000 watts of DC direct current power. This could produce an estimated 2,000 to 3,000 kilowatt hours (kWh) of alternating current (AC) power per month, assuming at least 5 sun hours per day with the solar array facing South. The highest output will be achieved with an unobstructed south-facing view of the sun for maximum solar power. The actual power generated will vary based on location, equipment and installation factors. Refer to your electric utility bill to find the actual kWh used per month and compare it to how much power these low cost 15kW PV systems can generate.
The average American uses 920kWh per month. Based on that average this system could reduce your bill to ZERO. If you're an average consumer of electricity (920kWh/month), a 15kW system could probably give you the ticket to electric bill freedom.
Instructions - A user manual in English and a DVD with instructions are included.
Solar Panels/Modules - 58x 260W USA Made 60-cell polycrystalline panels with 25 year warranties.
Inverter + PV Optimizers - Includes SolarEdge inverter with PV optimizers. Compatible with Tesla Powerwall (Not included).
Racking and Attachments - Industry leading IronRidge racking mounts the solar panels to your roof.
System Monitoring - Free with every kit purchase! View and analyze your solar energy production in real-time with SolarEdge wireless Zigbee monitoring.
System Design and Financial Analysis - We'll engineer this system for your roof and calculate the payback on your solar investment.
Not Included - Wire, conduit, fittings, breakers, AC/DC Disconnects (if required), junction boxes and a sub panel (if required). All these items can be purchased at any electrical supply shop, Home Depot or Lowes, and will typically cost $300 to $500. Our technical support representative will provide a shopping list once your plans are complete.
A typical solar roof mounted system for a home can be installed within 2 days once a permit is obtained from your city or county. After that, it’s just 6 easy steps until you’re producing power from the sun.
1. Read the manual thoroughly the manual and watch the video instructions.
2. Take your plan set to your city or county and apply for a permit to install. The plan review process can take up to 10 days. Once the city or county approves your plans and issues your permit you may begin installing your solar system.
3. First, the racking and mounting system must be installed. This is the most laborious process of the solar installation process. You have to locate the rafters on your home and secure the racking system directly to them.
4. Once the racking and mounting system is on your roof, the solar panels and inverters can be quickly installed. The inverter(s) are then tied into the grid through a dedicated breaker in your main service panel.
5. When the installation is complete, your city or county inspector must sign off on it. You can accomplish this by scheduling an inspection meeting with them.
6. Lastly, you must send the final job card, interconnection paperwork, and your net metering agreement to your utility. They will then grant you Permission to Operate. It can take up to 4 weeks after passing inspection for your utility to provide you Permission to Operate. With our interconnection service we will process all the paperwork for you.
Our job is not over until your system is producing clean energy from the sun! We offer you support throughout the installation process with manuals, videos, and technical support.
Benefits of Going Solar
- Solar energy systems have a lifetime of over 50 years.
- Some governments as well as some utilities are offering financial incentives to homeowners that use solar energy.
- Investing in solar on your roof provides 6%-13% return on investment, better than most other investments today.
- By going solar you'll be reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and help clean up the environment for future generations.